Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Deadline!

It's amazing what I can achieve simply by procrastinating........just a little. Deadline is Wednesday night. I give myself a headache. It all comes down to the lead. How do I start???
Once that first sentence is written, the rest is a breeze. Do I have the discipline to stay with it start to finish? Nope.....there's Death by Chocolate ice cream in the freezer and I'm still trying to find a particular Heart song on the internet that I want to download. I'm not cooking tonight.
Plenty of leftovers though and my husband's on a diet. I LOVE his diets. If nothing-it's good for a laugh. He goes to work. His lunch box is filled with fruit, cottage cheese and the little envelopes of powdered sugarfree drinks. I pack chicken from the night before in a tupperware for him to heat up in the microwave in his office. He leaves the chicken. I call and ask him why. "I'm not eating today," he tells me. "I've been eating too much." He gets home and makes a sandwich-holding the mayo of course. I make dinner, he only wants a small salad. I'm in bed by 10:00-so is he, until midnight or so, then he quietly disappears out of the bed. The next morning there are suspiciously empty tupperware containers in the sink. I take his car to run across the street to the post office. Empty stuffed burrito wrappers litter the floor of his car. I point and raise the brows. "Damn, I left my window open when I was at work yesterday and somebody threw their garbage in my car," he tells me. I can tell you that the pig that litters the inside of my husband's car, does so a few times a week and has a thing for Taco Bell and KFC......

No comments:

Post a Comment